September 10, 2021
What does CBN stand for?
CBN stands for Cannabinol. Although THC and CBD are more widely known, CBN was the first cannabinoid to be isolated in its pure form in 1896. Originally it was thought that CBN was responsible for the high feeling of the cannabis plant. It was only later that researchers found out that Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the crucial cannabinoid for the intoxicating effects of cannabis.
What is CBN oil and how does it work?
CBN is an oxidation product of THC. This means: THC slowly turns into CBN when exposed to heat and light. This is why old and unrefrigerated cannabis extracts or plants usually have particularly high CBN concentrations. The CBN content in cannabis is therefore not controlled by genetic factors in the plant, but by environmental factors. CBN oil is extracted from the leaves and flowers of these CBN-rich hemp plants.
CBD and CBN have no intoxicating effects. Why does THC get you high and CBD or CBN not? Because THC interacts with the receptors in the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in different ways. These receptors are located in the central nervous system and throughout the body. The high feeling arises mainly because THC binds to the CB1 receptors and activates them. CBN also binds to CB1 receptors, but only at about a tenth the strength of THC.
Potential Benefits of CBN Oil
Research on CBN is still in its infancy. Nevertheless, there are already a few studies and scientific investigations that allow initial conclusions to be drawn about CBN and its effects on the human body. For example, researchers discovered that CBN has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties. CBN can also act as an appetite stimulator in rats and, in combination with CBD, could act as a pain reliever.
CBN oil is believed to have potential for treating sleep disorders, physical pain, and inflammation as well. For example, a study by Steep Hill Labs (2017) found that a dose of 2.5 to 5 milligrams of CBN is as effective as a dose of 5 to 10 milligrams of the pharmaceutical sedative diazepam. However, it is possible that this is not due to the CBN, but rather to the sedative properties of the terpenes in cannabis.
How do CBD and CBN differ?
Cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) are two different molecules of different origins. While industrial hemp plants high in CBD can be grown, the CBN content of a cannabis flower depends on how much heat and light it has been exposed to and how old the flower is. That's because CBN is a by-product of the effects of light and heat on THC.
Despite the fundamental difference, CBD and CBN have something in common: Neither cannabinoid creates a feeling of intoxication, but both can affect the feeling of intoxication of THC. For example, CBD can alleviate the negative effects of THC (such as paranoia or anxiety). CBN in combination with THC, on the other hand, can produce a gently sedating high that can, for example, improve sleep.
September 09, 2021
If you want to take CBD, you have many options. In our article you will find out why the so-called sublingual - i.e. oral - intake of CBD offers unique advantages and how the correct dosage works.
What does sublingual intake mean?
If you are taking it sublingually, drizzle CBD oil under your tongue. The big advantage of this method? The CBD enters the bloodstream directly through the mucous membranes. How to bypass digestion: the stomach does not have to break down the CBD, the small intestine does not have to absorb the CBD and the liver does not have to metabolize the CBD. Instead, enjoy maximum bioavailability and the fastest possible effect.
Tip: Brush your teeth before taking it sublingually. This can help so that the CBD gets into the bloodstream even faster.
How does it work?
Taking it sublingually is simple: Open your mouth and dribble the CBD oil directly under your tongue. Most CBD oils come with an appropriate pipette. Hold the drops in your mouth for 30 to 90 seconds, then swallow the CBD down. You should keep the CBD in your mouth for some time so that the mucous membranes can absorb the CBD and the CBD gets into the bloodstream.
Tip: If you don't like the taste of the CBD oil, you can rinse the CBD oil down with a large sip of water after it has been absorbed through the mucous membranes.
How fast does the CBD work?
CBD works differently for everyone. You may feel a great effect right away, you may need to take CBD for a few weeks or even months for CBD to work in your body. Many people feel the effects within 30 minutes of sublingual ingestion.
Tip: You can take the CBD oil one to three times a day. For example in the morning, at noon and in the evening.
What else should I pay attention to?
- You should not eat anything immediately before or after taking the CBD. Otherwise, it can affect the absorption of the CBD into the bloodstream. The rule of thumb is: there should be at least 30 minutes between eating and taking CBD.
- A common starting dosage of CBD is around 2.5 to 5 milligrams. Start with a small amount and watch how your body reacts to the cannabidiol. You can then gradually increase the dose if necessary. The following applies: the higher the dose of CBD oil, the fewer drops you can take.
- If you are unsure, speak to your doctor. They can help you choose the right dose and guide you in taking it. This can be particularly useful if you have previous illnesses.
Where can I buy CBD oil?
You can Buy CBD Oil Online . In our online shop, for example, you will find a large selection of high-quality CBD oils with different CBD concentrations. All of our products are obtained from EU-certified organic hemp plants and guarantee the best quality. We look forward to your visit!
September 06, 2021
Are you puzzled at the CBD oil prices? In this article, we'll explain why CBD oils cost so much money. We'll also introduce you to 3 factors that can drive up the price of CBD oil.
What does CBD oil cost?
CBD oil can cost between 20 and 200 euros. That is not a small amount, but the high prices are almost necessary for manufacturers. Why is that? The production of CBD oil is far from cheap. If you want to produce high-quality CBD drops, you need expensive special equipment, trained specialists and high-quality hemp plants.
There are also complex legal requirements. For legal CBD products, the cultivation and harvest of the CBD must be closely monitored. From seeds to sales, manufacturers and CBD shop must meet strict legal requirements. That also drives up the manufacturing costs.
CBD oil: The 3 biggest cost factors
- Organic certification
The organic certification of a CBD oil is a quality feature. However, before certification can be awarded, manufacturers must meet numerous standards. Organic plantations, for example, are regularly inspected - and everything from fertilizers to harvesting practices must come from an approved list. Growing and harvesting hemp according to these standards is time-consuming and expensive. For this, you get a CBD oil of the highest quality at the end of the day. This is why organic CBD oils are often more expensive than conventional CBD oil.
- Extraction methods
After the harvest, the CBD is extracted. By far the best method for harvesting is to use supercritical carbon dioxide (CO2). This extraction method works simply explained as follows:
- The CO2 is heated, pressurized and then fed into the finely ground hemp plants.
- There the CO2 dissolves and binds with the cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids of the hemp plant. In this way, the CBD is separated from the plant material gently and without chemicals.
This CO2 process is not only by far the most precise, safest and most environmentally friendly extraction method. CO2 extraction is also significantly more expensive than other methods. Cheap CBD oils usually use other extraction methods. The oils are of lesser quality and may contain impurities such as plant material or solvents.
- Laboratory tests
Independent laboratory tests are essential. This is the only way you as a customer can actually be sure that the CBD is of high quality and free of harmful substances. Therefore, when you buy CBD oil, you should definitely pay attention to the laboratory tests.
Most laboratory tests examine both the cannabinoids and the terpene profile and possible contaminants. Since the tests have to be repeated with a sample from each batch of each product, there are additional costs for manufacturers and CBD shops.
Why are some CBD oils so cheap?
Many cost factors mean many savings opportunities. Those who place less value on quality can save a lot of costs in the production of CBD oil. Of course, not every cheap product is bad per se. In most cases, however, caution is advised with particularly cheap CBD oils. Then look double and triple on lab tests, reviews, and ingredients.
Also pay attention to the following two points:
- Many cheap CBD oils contain CBD isolate. When you buy the CBD oil, you only get CBD and not the full cannabinoid spectrum of the hemp plant. According to the so-called entourage effect, however, CBD works best together with other cannabinoids. In total, the hemp plant has over 100 cannabinoids.
- If you want to buy CBD oil, you should always check products carefully. Some CBD shops sell hemp seed oil or other cheaper oils than CBD oil. Although hemp seed oil has advantages, it cannot be compared with real CBD oil.
Buying CBD Oil: How Much Should I Pay?
The prices for CBD oil (CBD drops) can vary greatly.
If you are new to CBD, we recommend buying a low strength CBD oil. In our CBD Shop you will find, for example, organic CBD oil with 3% or 5% CBD content. That will cost you between 20 and 35 euros.
If you want to buy stronger CBD oil, you have to dig deeper into your pocket. High-quality CBD oil with 10%, 15% or 25% costs between 70 and 200 euros.
Tip: Don't save in the wrong place with CBD. As with any dietary supplement, quality is the alpha and omega - after all, it's about your health. Choose the best quality, iie fits your budget!
How to choose a reputable CBD shop
Follow this checklist:
- Look for well-known retailers with good reputations and lots of customer reviews on independent sites like Trustpilot.
- Look for CBD shops that have their products tested comprehensively by independent organizations (e.g. ARGE CANNA).
- Expect clear product information. Above all, this includes the exact amount of CBD that the CBD oil contains in milligrams (for example "1000mg CBD").
- Watch out for medical claims. Reputable dealers will not make such statements about their CBD oil. Promises of healing are forbidden in Germany and in many other countries.
- Organic certificates are a clear sign of quality. Organic CBD oils are always produced gently and under strict conditions.
Closing wordsThere are good reasons for the high price of Organic CBD oil. Most importantly, the price reflects a number of elaborate processes, expensive equipment, and strict legal requirements. Use our checklist to avoid disappointment when choosing your CBD oil. If you want to buy CBD oil, you can also stop by our CBDNOL CBD Shop. We look forward to you!
September 03, 2021
Whether CBD oil, CBD flowers or CBD liquid: More and more people are discovering the unique benefits of CBD. But can you take CBD even if you are pregnant? We answer this question below. But first we have to understand what CBD is all about ...
CBD is a cannabinoid from the female hemp plant. In contrast to THC - which also comes from the hemp plant - CBD drops (or other forms of CBD) only have a very low psychoactive effect. So by taking CBD you will not get "high" and will not experience a feeling of intoxication. That is why CBD is considered a legal dietary supplement in Germany.
How does CBD work? CBD interacts with the so-called endocannabinoid system. This system runs through the entire human body and is responsible for numerous vital functions. For example, it controls our immune system, appetite, memory or our mood. CBD can ensure that the endocannabinoid system is in balance and functions optimally.
CBD and pregnancy
CBD is generally safe for adults. This was even confirmed by the World Health Organization (WHO) in a comprehensive study. According to this, at most minor side effects are possible - for example drowsiness or loss of appetite.
So is CBD safe for pregnant women too? There is no clear answer to this question. For one thing, we don't know whether CBD is actually safe for babies. On the other hand, even legal CBD products still have a small THC concentration (below 0.2%). It doesn't matter whether you buy a CBD oil test winner or a CBD oil from Rossmann. It was recently found that breast milk can transmit THC for around six days after consuming THC. That could expose babies to a substance long before their little brains can process it.
What does science say?
So far, science has hardly dealt with CBD for pregnant women. There are no studies or investigations that provide information about the effects of CBD during pregnancy. What you can only find on the net: CBD oil experiences of women who took CBD during pregnancy and breastfeeding. According to these reports, there are no known negative effects on the children.
Still, keep in mind that anything you take during pregnancy will be taken by your baby too. It is well known that one should therefore avoid alcohol, cigarettes or drugs during pregnancy. And when it comes to medication, the motto is: “only if absolutely necessary.” We would recommend this motto for CBD during pregnancy as well.
Play it safe
CBD Oil is a safe product for adults. However, it is not clear whether CBD is also suitable for a baby's growing body. While prenatal use of CBD products will not result in health risks, toxicity, or addiction for the mother, it may not do so for the baby. No matter how small such a risk is - as long as it cannot be completely ruled out, in our opinion you should not take any risks.
The effects of CBD during pregnancy have so far hardly been researched. If you don't want to take any risks, you should therefore wait until after pregnancy to buy CBD.
September 01, 2021
If you want to buy CBD oil, you should look carefully at the product. In the following we reveal important information about organic CBD oil - and explain why you almost always make a good choice with an organic CBD oil.
Is organic CBD oil necessarily better?
When it comes to certain foods, one can argue about it. With CBD oil, however, the organic certificate is a clear quality feature. Why? Because organic CBD oils are always produced according to the highest and strictly controlled standards. Otherwise the manufacturers will not receive any certification. When you buy certified organic CBD oil, you can be sure that the following standards are met:
- High soil and seed quality
Organic hemp is grown on naturally pure soils. The floors are free of artificial chemicals and toxins and the hemp seeds of the organic hemp plants are untreated and 100% natural.
- Natural conditions
Organic hemp grows under natural conditions with water and sunlight. Artificial light or radiation is not used in the cultivation of the hemp plants.
- No animal testing
Organic CBD oils (including CBD cosmetics) are not tested on animals. You can buy your CBD with a clear conscience and without animals suffering for the product.
An official organic certification from a relevant body confirms that all of the above points (and more) have been complied with. This also means: Non-organic CBD oils are more likely to be contaminated with harmful chemicals, drugs or hormones. Particular caution is required with CBD from Asia.
Organic brings health benefits
Are you still skeptical about organic products? That is understandable. After all, there are products that are almost as good without an organic certificate. However, many organic products are actually better and offer some health benefits. Even science confirms that!
- A French study in 2018 examined the connection between the consumption of organic food and the risk of cancer. 69,000 adults were observed for a total of five years. The result? Those who consumed a high proportion of organic food had a significantly lower risk of cancer (-24%).
- Newcastle University published a study in the British Journal of Nutrition in 2014. According to the study, organic plants contain up to 60% more antioxidants than plants that were not grown organically. In addition, the organic plants received a lower amount of toxic metals such as cadmium.
- Another study by Newcastle University (2016) found that both organic milk and meat contained around 50% more omega-3 fatty acids than non-organic equivalents. The results of 196 studies on milk and 67 studies on meat were evaluated for the study.
- Stanford University examined 240 studies on organic foods in 2018. Accordingly, the nutrient content in organic food is above average. Most of the studies show that crops such as apples, strawberries, grapes, tomatoes, milk, carrots and organically grown cereals have 10 to 30 percent higher concentrations of various nutrients; including vitamin C, antioxidants and phenolic acid.
Also, it has been overwhelmingly found that consuming organic foods drastically reduces the amount of pesticides, herbicides, chemicals and antibiotics in the human body. As you probably know, such substances can promote numerous diseases.
Organic is also good for nature
Pesticides, herbicides and chemicals don't just affect our health. The substances also harm the world around us. The following quote from a study in the Interdisciplinary Toxicology Journal (March 2009) sums it up:
"[...] the use of pesticides is associated with considerable costs. Pesticides have contaminated almost every part of our environment. Pesticide residues can be found in the soil and in the air as well as in surface and groundwater in all countries. The use of pesticides in Cities contribute to this problem. Pesticide pollution poses a significant risk to the environment and numerous organisms. From beneficial soil microorganisms to insects, plants, fish and birds. "
By the way: Hemp is a so-called bioaccumulator. This means that when pesticides, herbicides and the like are used to grow hemp, the hemp absorbs these chemicals and they end up in your CBD oil at the end of the day. This cannot happen with organic CBD oil.
Which Are there organic certificates?
There are various organic certificates in Europe. Each certificate has different requirements for the CBD oil. In this section we present the three most common organic certificates in Europe.
- Soil Association Organic Standard
- Less pesticides
- No artificial colors or preservatives
- Always free range
- No routine use of antibiotics
- No genetically modified ingredients
- At least 95% of all ingredients must be of natural origin.
- At least 10% of the total product by weight must be organic.
- Maximum 5% synthetic ingredients (all of which must be on the list of harmless synthetic ingredients).
- All processes must be audited and eco-certified.
- Synthetic substances such as fragrances, colors, petroleum derivatives, polymers, parabens and other harmful chemicals are prohibited.
- No animal testing.
- Animal products that neither have a negative impact on the ecosystem nor directly question the lives of animals are permitted.
- Organic stamp
- At least 95% of all ingredients must come from organic farming
- The plants have to be fed by the soil ecosystem (hydroponic cultivation is not allowed).
- Limited use of non-synthetic fertilizers.
- No use of pesticides.
- Chemical-synthetic allopathic drugs are strictly prohibited.
- Herbal supplements can be used as compost.
- Organic animal husbandry follows criteria to ensure a high level of animal welfare.
By the way: Europe has some of the strictest organic requirements in the world. With organic CBD oil from EU-certified hemp plants such as CBDNOL, you can be sure that you are getting high-quality CBD Oil and discover the full potential of the benefits from CBD Oil.
August 30, 2021
Would you like to smoke CBD flowers? Maybe you already have experience with CBD oil and would like to try CBD flowers for the first time? Then you should read this article. In the following we answer the 5 most common questions about "CBD flowers". Have fun reading!
- Will I get high from CBD flowers?
Anyone who smokes CBD flowers is guaranteed not to get high. Like THC, CBD comes from the hemp plant - but unlike THC, CBD does not put you in a state of intoxication. That is why CBD flowers are legal and freely available in Germany. Legal CBD flowers may contain a maximum of 0.2% THC.
- How does smoking CBD feel?
The CBD effect can be very different. Depending on how much you smoke, how much experience you have with CBD and how your body reacts to CBD flowers.
Although CBD flowers won't get you high, you will probably feel something.
You may even feel a "buzz". This buzz is more like a feeling of elation after exercising. You are "high" on happiness hormones and feel right at home. Some people also report that they feel calmer and more focused after consuming CBD flowers.
By the way: The more you smoke CBD, the more your body gets used to the CBD. You will continue to benefit from CBD, but you will probably not feel the effects as strongly anymore.
- How do CBD flowers taste?
CBD flowers are intense in taste. Have you smoked cannabis before? CBD flowers taste just like hemp flowers. This is mainly due to the terpenes in the CBD buds. What's so special about it? Hemp has over 200 terpenes. That is why every hemp variety has a unique terpene profile that offers slightly different tastes and smells.
By the way: Terpenes are responsible for the aromatic smell. The more terpenes a plant has, the stronger its scent.
- Can I smoke too much CBD flowers?
CBD side effects are not known. In the worst case, it can lead to minor side effects such as drowsiness or loss of appetite. Even the World Health Organization (WHO) classifies CBD as absolutely harmless. There is also no risk of CBD addiction.
Important: CBD is not a "panacea". Smoking CBD flowers is not intended to cure or treat physical or mental ailments. Be aware of this!
- Does CBD flowers make smoking hungry?
As a rule, CBD flowers do not make you hungry. It is the THC that can induce cravings in people. In fact, THC is used in medicine to stimulate the appetite in people with diseases such as HIV, cancer or anorexia nervosa.
CBD probably works differently. According to various animal experiments, CBD inhibits appetite and reduces food intake. According to a study with human subjects (2010), CBD only stimulated hunger in 6.35% of the participants.
CBD flowers are not one of the most popular CBD products for nothing. If you want to buy high quality CBD flowers, you are in the right place in our CBD flower shop . We look forward to your visit! Or learn more in our Article: "CBD flowers: the alternative for smokers".