If you want to buy CBD oil, you should look carefully at the product. In the following we reveal important information about organic CBD oil - and explain why you almost always make a good choice with an organic CBD oil.
Is organic CBD oil necessarily better?
When it comes to certain foods, one can argue about it. With CBD oil, however, the organic certificate is a clear quality feature. Why? Because organic CBD oils are always produced according to the highest and strictly controlled standards. Otherwise the manufacturers will not receive any certification. When you buy certified organic CBD oil, you can be sure that the following standards are met:
- High soil and seed quality
Organic hemp is grown on naturally pure soils. The floors are free of artificial chemicals and toxins and the hemp seeds of the organic hemp plants are untreated and 100% natural.
- Natural conditions
Organic hemp grows under natural conditions with water and sunlight. Artificial light or radiation is not used in the cultivation of the hemp plants.
- No animal testing
Organic CBD oils (including CBD cosmetics) are not tested on animals. You can buy your CBD with a clear conscience and without animals suffering for the product.
An official organic certification from a relevant body confirms that all of the above points (and more) have been complied with. This also means: Non-organic CBD oils are more likely to be contaminated with harmful chemicals, drugs or hormones. Particular caution is required with CBD from Asia.
Organic brings health benefits
Are you still skeptical about organic products? That is understandable. After all, there are products that are almost as good without an organic certificate. However, many organic products are actually better and offer some health benefits. Even science confirms that!
- A French study in 2018 examined the connection between the consumption of organic food and the risk of cancer. 69,000 adults were observed for a total of five years. The result? Those who consumed a high proportion of organic food had a significantly lower risk of cancer (-24%).
- Newcastle University published a study in the British Journal of Nutrition in 2014. According to the study, organic plants contain up to 60% more antioxidants than plants that were not grown organically. In addition, the organic plants received a lower amount of toxic metals such as cadmium.
- Another study by Newcastle University (2016) found that both organic milk and meat contained around 50% more omega-3 fatty acids than non-organic equivalents. The results of 196 studies on milk and 67 studies on meat were evaluated for the study.
- Stanford University examined 240 studies on organic foods in 2018. Accordingly, the nutrient content in organic food is above average. Most of the studies show that crops such as apples, strawberries, grapes, tomatoes, milk, carrots and organically grown cereals have 10 to 30 percent higher concentrations of various nutrients; including vitamin C, antioxidants and phenolic acid.
Also, it has been overwhelmingly found that consuming organic foods drastically reduces the amount of pesticides, herbicides, chemicals and antibiotics in the human body. As you probably know, such substances can promote numerous diseases.
Organic is also good for nature
Pesticides, herbicides and chemicals don't just affect our health. The substances also harm the world around us. The following quote from a study in the Interdisciplinary Toxicology Journal (March 2009) sums it up:
"[...] the use of pesticides is associated with considerable costs. Pesticides have contaminated almost every part of our environment. Pesticide residues can be found in the soil and in the air as well as in surface and groundwater in all countries. The use of pesticides in Cities contribute to this problem. Pesticide pollution poses a significant risk to the environment and numerous organisms. From beneficial soil microorganisms to insects, plants, fish and birds. "
By the way: Hemp is a so-called bioaccumulator. This means that when pesticides, herbicides and the like are used to grow hemp, the hemp absorbs these chemicals and they end up in your CBD oil at the end of the day. This cannot happen with organic CBD oil.
Which Are there organic certificates?
There are various organic certificates in Europe. Each certificate has different requirements for the CBD oil. In this section we present the three most common organic certificates in Europe.
- Soil Association Organic Standard
- Less pesticides
- No artificial colors or preservatives
- Always free range
- No routine use of antibiotics
- No genetically modified ingredients
- At least 95% of all ingredients must be of natural origin.
- At least 10% of the total product by weight must be organic.
- Maximum 5% synthetic ingredients (all of which must be on the list of harmless synthetic ingredients).
- All processes must be audited and eco-certified.
- Synthetic substances such as fragrances, colors, petroleum derivatives, polymers, parabens and other harmful chemicals are prohibited.
- No animal testing.
- Animal products that neither have a negative impact on the ecosystem nor directly question the lives of animals are permitted.
- Organic stamp
- At least 95% of all ingredients must come from organic farming
- The plants have to be fed by the soil ecosystem (hydroponic cultivation is not allowed).
- Limited use of non-synthetic fertilizers.
- No use of pesticides.
- Chemical-synthetic allopathic drugs are strictly prohibited.
- Herbal supplements can be used as compost.
- Organic animal husbandry follows criteria to ensure a high level of animal welfare.
By the way: Europe has some of the strictest organic requirements in the world. With organic CBD oil from EU-certified hemp plants such as CBDNOL, you can be sure that you are getting high-quality CBD Oil and discover the full potential of the benefits from CBD Oil.